Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai
VIT University or VIT also called Vellore Engineering College is a private university in Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded in 1984 by G Vishwanathan. VIT University aims to give futuristic technical education with discipline through the dedicated staff that set global standards making students technologically superior and ethically strong.
It is ranked first by career 360’s top private universities in India 2017. The university was ranked 13th in engineering institute within India by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2016 and 2017. National media groups like India Today have ranked VIT University in the top 10 Engineering schools of India.
The university is spread across 250 acres of land. The campus resembles a city, with lake, garden, lawns, residential complexes, food courts, hair salons and wide roads. The campus has its own water supply and shopping complexes.
VIT is well planned and all inclusive infrastructure provided for both students and faculty. Classrooms are well designed that includes everything which is needed for a pleasant learning atmosphere. Hi-tech equipment enables students to make use of every available resource from one point at the click of a button.
The following graduation and specialization courses are offered –
- B.Tech in Bio Medical Engineering
- B.Tech in Biotechnology
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engg (Spec. In Bioinformatics)
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Information Security
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization with Internet of Things and Sensor
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical with specialization in Energy Engineering
- B.Tech in Production and Industrial Engineering